IDI Sled Pulls

RANOVRU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kind of strange request maybe but Ive been watching more and more sled pull vids on TheTube and for me its just as addicting as dragracing. But Ive only seen a handfull of IDIs, and most of those are turbos. I think I saw ONE that was still NA. So question is, anyone have any decent footage of IDIs pulling, particularly NA??

Somebodies gotta have something from an IDI event....

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Kind of strange request maybe but Ive been watching more and more sled pull vids on TheTube and for me its just as addicting as dragracing. But Ive only seen a handfull of IDIs, and most of those are turbos. I think I saw ONE that was still NA. So question is, anyone have any decent footage of IDIs pulling, particularly NA??

Somebodies gotta have something from an IDI event....

You are not going to see too many N/A IDI pulling because they are completely out classed. it would be like seeing a ranger in a fullsize class(something i have seen, and care NOT to see it again)

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Jon pulled the scout na

Did it once and ill do I again!! ;SweetActually this Tuesday I'm going to the pulls. Last time I was on 33x12.50 mild all terrains, this time I added adjustable bumpstops (so the ass doesn't squat to the ground!), 34x10.50 swamper LTBs, and an ox locker up front. I have to put on a mechanical fuel pump as I don't think that little one we put on at rausch will keep up when I'm pouring on the fuel. I'm hoping to at least be IN the pack this year, last year I was like 10 feet short of a "modern" truck, and a 6.5 turbo chebby was 20 feet short of me! :rotflmao

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
You are not going to see too many N/A IDI pulling because they are completely out classed. it would be like seeing a ranger in a fullsize class(something i have seen, and care NOT to see it again)

Was u in the ranger, wasn't it. Lol

dukedrummer89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a video floating around of a na 6.9 in a 86 body style on youtube... track is muddy and the thing hauls... wish i could find it again:dunno

BP6.9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im actually planning on pulling with mine this year, have alot of vids and pics of the truck but cant get em to upload

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
anyone have any tips on tire pressure? i had a few people tell me run around 18psi so the tires will spin a little, and i had other say lower the better? :confused: last time i tried second gear but i thought i was going to smoke the clutch, so i restarted in first and just gave it to her! any other tips?

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
There is a video floating around of a na 6.9 in a 86 body style on youtube... track is muddy and the thing hauls... wish i could find it again:dunno

it was on google videos if its the one im thinking of, the engine ran away and it outpulled many duramaxs and such.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
anyone have any tips on tire pressure? i had a few people tell me run around 18psi so the tires will spin a little, and i had other say lower the better? :confused: last time i tried second gear but i thought i was going to smoke the clutch, so i restarted in first and just gave it to her! any other tips?

MAX TIRE pressure for the rear tires. You have to remember you will be carrying over 10k on the back tires alone till the pan hits the ground