idi rally results

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
Here's the trucks that won trophies (thanks again to Tom Brewer)

Saturday we hooked up a trailer to each truck that weighed somewhere between 9200 and 9600 lbs, staged at the appropriate point, waited for the lovely and talented Suzi Agne to start us and launched into a timed run precisely measured to exactly 200' all timed by my beautiful and patient wife Amy. I'd have liked to lengthen the run, but the speed limit is 20 and we were heavily scrutinized by campground staff.

Here's the results:

11) Mel Agnem Lady Moose 9.57 seconds
10) Mel Agnem Moose 9.03
9) Ron diesel dog catcher 9.00
8) Tanya gapch'n'crm 8.87
7) John H 160k87f250 8.62
6) Tim ididieselman 8.56
5) John D metrojd 8.40
4) Barney flatlander 8.34
3) Nick double-s-diesel 8.09 (powerstroke truck)
2) Aric 93turboanimal 8.00
1) Joe lildoggie 7.41

Trophies went to Joe Perry for the fastest, Mel Agne for the slowest, Aric for best exhaust, and Tim for Best Smoke

Show and Shine awards went for People's Choice, Best Paint, Best Interior, Best Engine, and Best Modification.

Best Mod went to Barney
Best Engine went to Barney
Best Interior went to John H
Best Paint went to Tim
People's Choice went to John D.

Since I'm here with Mel, I will probably finally learn how to add pics. I'll add them later.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Nah, I wouldnt have a clue how to do it. And even if I did there would only be a few people that would attend. Plus it would probably be way to stressful for me to want to do. It would be kind of cool to have a get together over here though. Maybe up my way, or down towards the Oregon-Californian border to accomidate some of you Californians.

Anyone want to volunteer :D ?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ron got some cool videos of the runs, which I imagine he will post when he gets home. In my own defense, I'll explain why I came in last. First off, there was an obvious advantage to those with automatics. Second, Ron hopped bad starting out in first, so I thought I'd try second. Not a good choice, and we only had the one run with no practice. (I'm not complaining, just explaining). The Moose Truck which I drove after Lady Moose, given the failed experiment, we went back to first, and the hop was bad enough to cause the shift knob to come off in my hand and I had trouble grabbing another gear. :rolleyes: LOL It was a lot of fun though, and I'm glad I lost or I wouldn't have gotten a trophy. :love: ;p

SKimballC

Reaction score
;Sweet Tom's trophies look great. Any chance for some more detailed pics?

As for a Portland area rally, it'd be cool if somebody with some space or a parking lot invited the locals out for an easy afternoon with a pot-luck or something simple. Maybe 10 or 15 trucks, some grub, a couple cold ones, and some gabbing over the course of a few hours should take minimal planning if there's a place to do it. I however have no space for such things living where I do in the big city. I wouldn't be surprised if somebody around here would be into hosting something like that. Hosting an overnighter is a whole 'nother ballgame.

Last edited:

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Agnem said:
Ron got some cool videos of the runs, which I imagine he will post when he gets home. In my own defense, I'll explain why I came in last. First off, there was an obvious advantage to those with automatics. Second, Ron hopped bad starting out in first, so I thought I'd try second. Not a good choice, and we only had the one run with no practice. (I'm not complaining, just explaining). The Moose Truck which I drove after Lady Moose, given the failed experiment, we went back to first, and the hop was bad enough to cause the shift knob to come off in my hand and I had trouble grabbing another gear. :rolleyes: LOL It was a lot of fun though, and I'm glad I lost or I wouldn't have gotten a trophy. :love: ;p

Yeah I second them wheel hops. Too far from home to twist a $300 driveshaft.:eek:

I'll prolly be getting a copy of the videos to Darrin for him to upload since I'm on dialup at home and is the only place to access them.

Hey Barn what happened to the stinkiest exhaust award?:D

The Gold one finally smells normal now.LOL

Was a blast and really was hard to leave this afternoon.;Sweet

On edit. We made it in around 8:30 this evening and Mel was about to his resting spot for the night and running ok. So all is well on the eastern front.

Last edited:

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Trophies

Here's a peek at what Tom had made up for the trophies!;Sweet

Nice work Tom!

Attachments

• P5030078.JPG
    P5030078.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 12
  • P5030087.JPG