IDI Horse Power Limits ?

dman91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Flatlander what turbos did you use. I am just curious and having trouble finding a couple good ones.

payableondeath6

Impressively Ugly
Reaction score
You need to do a compound set up like I did. My boost hits5-7 off idle, 11 by 1500 and maxes out at 13 shortly therafter. With a stock pump. I'm sure someone at the rally will help me figure out how to use the new digital camera and post pics (finally) here.
I want to see those pics :D I'll give it a shot walking you through taking and posting pics if you want, I used to work for DSL tech support and am the family and in-law tech support guy (not a very good paying position LOL )...just PM me if you want.

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My current Banks turbo is not really sized properly for a compound setup as it sits, 14 psi is all I can get out of it at these temps(18 @ -40... LOL) and I'm still pushing more smoke than I'd like at 14 psi. With a smaller exhaust housing, it'd work ok for the small turbo, and I have one off of a series 60 Detroit that'd work well for the big one... LOL
http://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/82f100swb/misc/?action=view&current=6af698ef.pbr
That's what I'm out to clear up...

dman91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont know if my poor motor could even hold up a detroit turbo, more or less spool one. But hey that would look cool. I was thinking a small turbo like the ones seen on the small gasser engines. Just to get the PSI up then bypass that to a larger Aurora unit. I thinks it would work well the only problem would be overcoming the turbo gap in the two. No one wants a dead spot in boost.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I'll bet Gale Banks could tell you what turbo you need for a twin setup. Hell they had a twin turbo setup for the 454 gas motor for years. My brother had one in his shi boat. That thing would break your neck at 80 mph when he would floor it. That was a fast boat for sure....:thumbsup: :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes

Members online