IDI fuel return

94turbo73

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could post me a picture of their engines especially the top of one with the injector tees replaced i was wondering how you routed the fuel hoses

please help
Doug

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you read our fuel injection servicing article in the Technical library? There are pics in there too. Pics of my engines are in the signiture links.

94turbo73

Reaction score
i've got 4 elbows and 4 straights i figure one elbow in each corner front left to ip front right to fuel filter head back left to return to tank and rear right going across and spliced into between the last 2 injectors on the left side but the last injector tee on the right keeps blowing out and spraying fuel everywhere and there just tiny little pinholes any ideas what iam doing wrong

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I personally, have never been a fan of crossovers in the back. I dead head the #7 injector. From there, my route is...up to #1. (the filter head splices in between #1 and #3 with a "T"). From #1, then over to #2. From #2, down the line to #8. #8 to the fuel return manifold. The IP then feeds directly to the other nipple on the fuel return manifold. If there is a 3rd nipple, this is capped and not used.

94turbo73

Reaction score
i dont think i have a fuel return manifold ?!?! there is a thing after number 8 with only one hose barb and the other one goes back to the tank i have the number 8 coming from the number 6 then to the only barb on the retun manifold is this right then the other side is connected between 6 and 8 with a "Y" biased pointed towards the tank and the number 7 keeps blowing not 8 i had my cylinders mixed up i think the crossover is building too much pressure from the crossover not moving enough fuel

Last edited:

94turbo73

Reaction score
heres why i have a problem the original configuration had a 3 nipple tee on the 5 and 6 and a one nipple tee on the number 7 they dont sell the three or the one nipple tees for replacement anymore

nappy nate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
heres why i have a problem the original configuration had a 3 nipple tee on the 5 and 6 and a one nipple tee on the number 7 they dont sell the three or the one nipple tees for replacement anymore

then go 1(elbow)-3-5-7(elbow) from 7 to manifold
then go 2(elbow)-4-6-8(elbow) from 8 to manifold
Across the front from #1 to #2 with a tee(from hardware store) going to IP
thats how mines setup
nate

nappy nate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah I forgot about that. Dang boss!!! I ran the line from my filter to an additional T at the back of the motor after the manifold. It sounds stupid as I type it, but it works good..About the manifold I don't know what to say because its not like the one on my 93

nate

94turbo73

Reaction score
yeah mine is a 94 with a turbo so either international or ford did the lines different to accomidate the turbo inlet it used to go in front. theres 2 barbs on the manifold one from the motor and one going to a hose which i assume goes to the tank its a safe bet. i'm gonna put a little compressed air in it to make sure its not plugged or bad tank selector switch that could cause a backup too Right?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Members online