IDI Front wheel drive trike

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So after a few bevvies last night sitting in doorway of the cube van....a fart of brain came upon me like a man wailing on a railway spike with a hammer.

See me feet sitting there...

You must be registered for see images attach

K so the fart of brain.....

Get a steering column...and a 4wd F150 Chassis...use a Bronco Tcase...fixed output shaft no slip yoke.

Drive front axle...add a seat over trans...saddle tank for fuel...and somehow a single rear coaster wheel

Making a trike with an IDI either C6 or E4OD rat rod type delio

Drunkin brain farts...

Whos in?

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pull the axle shaft out of a sterling rear, lop the last few inches off the tube before the hub, and there's your coaster wheel with brake.

Last edited:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
AAAALLLLL....... Ya gotta stop drinken that "stuff":eek::eek:;Really:rolleyes::D:sly:angel::thumbsup:
I would do it but sure would die testing the top end speed on it... Wonder if Bonneville would allow or have a class for this...:dunno

Kizer

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the way you think! I'd consider the "go cart" option though..keep it RWD..maybe DRW?

compressionignitionrules

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just sold my 88 E250 Quigley 4wd van chassis. would have been perfect for the job but would have lifted the chassis a good 4 inches.

you have to be carefull with ideas like that. they can cost a lot of time and money;Sweet

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just sold my 88 E250 Quigley 4wd van chassis. would have been perfect for the job but would have lifted the chassis a good 4 inches.

you have to be carefull with ideas like that. they can cost a lot of time and money;Sweet

Clearly.......ya dont know me.....***** falls in me lap...this idea is badazz but probably simple if enough parts fall my way....

Just sauin...

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you can use the rear output shaft of the transfer to a modified turbo for moar boost! and keep it spooled even inbetween shifts.