IDI air filter system Powerstroke 6637 “Tymar” style.

Garbage_Mechan

Garbage Mechanic
Reaction score
I have a 91 F250with Banks Sidewinder Wastgated system.
I’m not happy with the tiny oiled gauze cone air filter. I plan to do a Powerstroke style filter set up. I have seen Wes’ Classic Diesel Designs prototype but not for the Banks. The question is what becomes of the washer reservoir and the coolant overflow tank? Plan to intercool down the road too.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m working on a version two of my intake kit, that will be more of a cold air intake setup. In my original kit it just mounted the washer reservoir against the inside of the fender, and replaced the coolant reservoir with a welded reservoir that mounts to the side of the radiator:
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Garbage_Mechan

Garbage Mechanic
Reaction score
Thanks for getting back.
Does that coolant can clear intercooler tubing?
I’m thinking I’ll run a Mann crankcase vent filter / separator system to keep oil out of the intercooler. In doing that looks like I can ditch the 90 casting with the CDR on it and run a powerstroke OBS 3 to 4” angled elbow. Have you done the Banks air filter system yet?

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have not, but can easily whip something together if need be. If you look up “project rewbrooks” you will find a lot of good info for fitting my intake with a intercooler setup. The reservoir I use clears the piping no problem.

Saev

Reaction score
Wes - how'd you get the washer reservoir over to the body panel? The harness it's plugged in to is awful short.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wes - how'd you get the washer reservoir over to the body panel? The harness it's plugged in to is awful short.
A harness extender is included in the kit that plugs in and adds about 10” to the harness. You can just splice in some extra length to existing harness too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7