i need tow truck help!!!

smithandrew50

Reaction score
i have a 97 f450 with a 7.3 , its a b.... to start in the morning, then while driving you smell raw fuel. i went to motor trucks, to get the cam poss senc. replaced after the recall, thats when this all started. i never recived my 400 back for the recall!!:dunno

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
now the details start coming out.....;Sweet
check out two areas.
first is your fuel pump. be absolutely sure it does not have a ruptured diaphram.
second is your fuel return fittings on the back of your cylinder heads.
I was driving a company wrecker that had a cracked line back there. they didn't pay much attention to it for a year until diesel prices went through the roof. It got fixed then. The driver getting fumigated by the smell was a non-issue-cuss
here's a pic of me parking in a towaway lot making sure that whoever was going to tow me was going to get a workout:D;p

Attachments

• 04-13-07_0010.jpg
    04-13-07_0010.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 30

smithandrew50

Reaction score
fuel pump is fine but i know its a fuel issue , i think now that it maybe the timing not letting the injectors fire right?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the timing is controlled by the cps and the ecm. there is no manual adjustments on a psd motor like there is on a idi.
my company truck is a gutless wonder too, but I'm not paid to diagnose and fix the damn thing, so I don't. I drive it into the ground and it fumigates me while I do so. there are fittings on the back of the motor that gets easily damaged when doing motor or trans swaps. check them out.

smithandrew50

Reaction score
i guess that mike stroker published some stuff, it was great, i did a couple things today he wrote on and a big difference that made!! i own my trucks , so i have to keep them running!!

smithandrew50

Reaction score
you can advance the timing , you need to use a resister check his stuff out . i did a little checking and it can be done and as you know when you have one on the hook you want toget it over and done with!! and this slow stuff isnt cutting it!!

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i guess that mike stroker published some stuff, it was great, i did a couple things today he wrote on and a big difference that made!! i own my trucks , so i have to keep them running!!
i mothballed my own rigs back in 2003. all mime are IDI rigs. simple and easy to work on;Sweet
i worked for a buddy of mime so I can take time off whenever I needed to.
how many rigs you got?
i presume you're a tow411 ****** too?;Sweet

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
heres a pic of mine with over $100,000.00 worth of mercedes i repoed

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    629.6 KB · Views: 18

smithandrew50

Reaction score
i have a f600 b truch , a chev slide bed, 2 f450s , and a old peterbuilt. i scrap alot of cars , but towing is good money too.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
heres a pic of mine with over $100,000.00 worth of mercedes i repoed
hey rich-
if you bagging stuff for daimler-chrysler credit or their new entity, get yourself a set of these straps. they run from $11-15 and is very well recieved by all high end customers. not to mention, it's easier than hunting for T-hook slots.;Sweet
i can send you the design data if you have a local guy who can make them.

Attachments

• 05-03-07_1648.jpg
    05-03-07_1648.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 05-03-07_1649.jpg
    05-03-07_1649.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 05-23-06_1521.jpg
    05-23-06_1521.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 05-23-06_1955.jpg
    05-23-06_1955.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 6

smithandrew50

Reaction score
you can make them yourself i did!!it was easy,**** why buy things if you can do it yourself!! i fabed my own reciver hitches with c chanel and all thread!! as well as a motor cycle carrier for the wheel lift!! its easy, a welder, torch,hammer,steel and beer you can do anything!!

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you can make them yourself i did!!it was easy,**** why buy things if you can do it yourself!! i fabed my own reciver hitches with c chanel and all thread!! as well as a motor cycle carrier for the wheel lift!! its easy, a welder, torch,hammer,steel and beer you can do anything!!
true.
but when you're dealing with high dollar stuff, the ANSI tag is worth it's weight in gold if a liability situation arises. the shop charges me an extra dollar to sew in the tag and I gladly pay for it.cookoo

smithandrew50

Reaction score
i hear you, , the tag is good , i have a wabo card ,cert. welder, so im ok there but the tag is great!! i use the wheel straps with the flatbed, but spoons on the other truks.

mackiexj

Modern Day Drifter
Reaction score
I like those straps, I have had trouble with several 7.3s leaking from the fuel pump into the engine galley (which can fill up with fuel). As for the cold start did you check the gloplug relay and each gloplug (using the wireing harness conectors w/the valve cover gasket) i know up here in CO it only takes a couple of glo plugs being out and the 7.3s don't start.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online