I ned a timing cover.......

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
....anyone know where one is for sale.....besides the stealership :draw

Really don't wanna pay $500 :eek: :eek: for one if I can avoid it!

I have searched pretty much everywhere the search engine sent me but all I seem to find are either complete engines or all the hot rod {chips/exh/inj etc...} but no real used engine parts :frustrate

Anybody got $4K.........

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well i have one.i really didnt want to give it up due to the fact that it goes to my other engine.but i will give it up to you if you want it.i just gotta find or make a puller to get the bottom pully off.all the pullers i have arent big enough to reach all 3 bolts.where did you get yours?

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
What year is your cover? :Sly

I made mine from some plate and a straight puller bar that went between the plate and pulley.....

Laid out the radius from center -2 5/16" if not mistaken- spun circumfrence with compass then measured pulley hole spacing and drill out for 3/8" bolts with a 3/4 hole in the center...

May be crude butit was the closest thing available ;Sweet
Need to clean it up a little.....
pics.....

Attachments

• puller-1.JPG
    puller-1.JPG
    134.5 KB · Views: 5
  • puller-2.JPG
    puller-2.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 7

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its a 97 engine.hence the reason i didnt wanna get up off it but you need it and i have it.

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Got a cover comming ;Sweet

:thanks: again to 94f450sd {Rich} :hail :hail :hail

Damn man ....that's twice he pulled my bacon from the fire ;Sweet :hail
:cheers: just don't seem enough :thumbsup:

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good deal geo, hats off to Rich. Hes a great guy that seems to be there in a pinch. Nice to have members like him around that share knowledge and parts. :D

Now, about that stealth Rich....:Sly

Geo,

I dont know if its been said yet, but what caused the cover to break? I know this is why you took it out to begin with was a crack right?

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
Good deal geo, hats off to Rich. Hes a great guy that seems to be there in a pinch. Nice to have members like him around that share knowledge and parts. :D

Now, about that stealth Rich....:Sly

Geo,

I dont know if its been said yet, but what caused the cover to break? I know this is why you took it out to begin with was a crack right?

im not that good of a member to have around mike. :D

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
94f450sd said:
im not that good of a member to have around mike. :D
Cant fault a guy for tryin..... :D:D:D

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
Geo,

Well Mike, the orig reason was a hirline fracture on the coolant passage....that was welded and good to go ;Sweet

Fast foreward to after running for 3 days.....oil passage burst at the radius of oil passage where it changes to the flage for the oil cooler.....quite a safe distance3 to eliminate welding the upper portion of the coolant passage.

It is safe to say that welding the craqcked coolant passage did not distort the flange and cause a bind when installed to the front oil cooler header....the header basically floats on the seal rings and has several degrees of motion.

Now your orig question of why it burst the second time.... :confused: cookoo :confused:

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it left my hands this morning on its way to GEO.he should be running by sunday hopefully.

dont forget to plug the IPR back in,GEO!! :rotflmao :rotflmao ;Sweet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel

Members online