I did it!

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
I dun gone turned the pump up 1/6 of a turn :D made the truck much more driveible and i can hold speed going up hill. i didnt wanna go to far because the pyro isnt hooked up yet. so far i can see a VERY light gray haze of smoke when someone gets on it and ur standing next to it...almost like it was at stock before i added the intake mods. also noticed my temp guage doesnt spike like it did before.

next step is the pyro and another 2 flats cookoo

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what my experience was with turning the pump up 1 flat - holds speed uphill without, fairly slight brown-blackish haze when I get into the throttle, and running temperature is a bit cooler now.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you'll find that's going to be enough fuel until and unless you get a turbo, if not, I'd be surprised.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you'll find that's going to be enough fuel until and unless you get a turbo, if not, I'd be surprised.

JD, that's my take at it as well, I'm entirely happy with the way the truck moves now, and I feel adding any extra fuel will be nothing more than just a smoke-blowing soot-maker.

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
it probably will be enough, but i can always play around with it and add another flat and see what happens.

:edit: went for a short drive today, and absolutly loved it. it wasnt like 500 hp but it pulled harder and ran a lot better overall. i also noticed i can now pull out in 2nd almost all the time, before i could but had to work the clutch a little more then i liked.

Last edited:

zigg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hooh boy, I'd be careful turning that pump up without a pyro. My last engine had the pump turned up(I dunno how much) when i bought it. They had removed the turbo, and didn't tell me, so i just drove it. Lasted a couple months till it split a piston in half!!
On my current 6.9, the pump is turned up for a turbo too, but I got a pyro. If I'm goin' up a decent hill, and I put my foot into it, as soon as I notice any smoke comin' out the tailpipe, I can watch the pyro climb. If the rev's are less than 2000, and I see any smoke at all, the temp will get up to 1200 deg in a couple mins or less. If the revs are up around 2500, and there's just a whisp of greyish smoke, I can hold about 950 deg. A bit more than that, and the temp climbs again.

Be careful, a rebuild is a lot more than the cost of a pyro!!

Been there done that...

Zigg :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin