Too much for a 6.9:dunno

Yes?:hail

No?cookoo

Why....:dunno

Simple and to the point., please.:hail

cetanefreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
actually it's a Borg Warner variant (not that it matters for this question), 64mm compressor inducer, 65mm turbine exducer, and a turbine housing A/R of 0.80 or 14cm2.

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks... figured it was a holset where as it originated from a ********... Moving it over to God's chosen brand of motor will make my Karma finally right...

cetanefreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DT360.... sure.... 6.9 IDI? maybe not so much, I've talked to a couple of people in the know about turbos and there have so far only been two theories.

either the charger will drown the engine totally and it'll be a complete dog, or

the turbo will lag until around 3000-3200 rpm then it will light and the engine will go into "cylinder head ejection launch sequence"

from what I have gathered ATS sells the aurora 2000 for the idi's, when they sell it for a cummins they don't give any specs but they call it a 400HP+ turbo. that said, this 64/65/14 is a 650HP+ turbo.

I'd still like to try it, but I really don't think it'll work without some SERIOUS engine mods and a metric assload of fuel.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Then there's that guy, Sootman, who keeps saying that he's already figured out the right turbo for high HP 6.9 and 7.3 builds but he has his heart set on a newer truck so he isn't messing with it. I'm slowly trying to educate myself about turbos but as of right now I don't have much constructive to add.

cetanefreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if I could find specs on an A2K then drive one with drive and boost guages I think I could figure exactly what it would do, but I can't even find specs for it.

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The more I think about it, I like the idea of smallish twins... and be done.

sootman73

Reaction score
Then there's that guy, Sootman, who keeps saying that he's already figured out the right turbo for high HP 6.9 and 7.3 builds but he has his heart set on a newer truck so he isn't messing with it. I'm slowly trying to educate myself about turbos but as of right now I don't have much constructive to add.

hey i educated myself with turbos. i'm no expert but once you get the basic understanding of them its not nearly as hard as it seems. If i had a full time job i would probably mess with it but being a co-op student and living on my own i canot afford $500 for a turbo plus the fab work and little parts to hook it up.

plus that turbo is more for a studded truck like david85's