hitch receiver with 8" drop bumper

Halltrail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an Lucerne 8" drop bumper on my f350 and would really like to add a class v hitch receiver. I cant tell from research if there is one that will fit with the drop bumper. Anyone have a setup like this? I tow up around 9k pounds so one with 10k or 12k capacity is what Im looking for. I have a weight distribution set up as well that I can use if I have to....

Thanks
Dave

Blind Driver2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your local hitch shop can look it up. I just got a price a few weeks ago due to one of my mounting plates being bent :rolleyes:

OldSchool101

Reaction score
If its a " Mr. Pickup" bumper, i bought a Reese brand that would fit my year truck, either from Farm and Fleet or Tractor Supply, dont recall which, all i had to do was drill holes in my frame to mount it, I dont know about the weight, but thats what i did and it worked great!!!

Halltrail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont really have a good shop local. I think im just going to try and find a stock bumper and get a normal fitting hitch receiver....not one that hangs down 10 inches. Anybody have a stock rear bumper for an OBS truck near southern Maryland?

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
On my 83 I had a 8" drop bumper and a regular hitch. It fit fine. A 10" is where you get into trouble.

i'll see if I can did up a pic

Halltrail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 83 I had a 8" drop bumper and a regular hitch. It fit fine. A 10" is where you get into trouble.

i'll see if I can did up a pic

Yeah, that would be awesome if you can let me know what hitch you have? Is it a class V hitch?

Halltrail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
orderd

I just ordered a standard drop hitch. Ill either modify the drop bumper, make a bumper, or find a stock one at the junk yard.