hey yall gotta 6.9 in my boat

plywood

Recovered N/A
Reaction score
Those pictures by HESUTTON look like they were from an IDI that was hooked to a Sterndrive such as a Mercruiser.

I'm guessing the OPs boat is a bit less marinized. The work boats don't have some of the same requirements as a more mass produced boat. My guess is he has a V-drive or direct drive and probably even hot exhaust, meaning not wet. Otherwise a turbo would seem like a veeerrrrry spendy option.

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
There are a lot of older lobsterboats inMaine with hot exhausts. He said when he had the ex under water it was still loud. ?? I'd love to see his setup. The cool thing is work boats have "no frills".

plywood

Recovered N/A
Reaction score
Around here, the hot exhaust coming up through the deck is a good place for the guys to cuddle up and have a cigarette in the winter.

gandalf

Reaction score
There are a lot of older lobsterboats inMaine with hot exhausts. ... The cool thing is work boats have "no frills".

Right, Bill. I'll include two pictures.

The first is a boat belonging to my grandson's great-grandfather. He is still an active fisherman with 400-500 traps. As you can see, his exhaust comes straight up from the engine. He has a 3208 NA, with no muffler of any sort. It's a bit loud. Many of the boats are set up this way.

The second picture is of an engine, make unknown (but maybe Isuzu), showing what I assume is a pretty typical setup. This is a boat in Portland my (now) ex-son-in-law was looking at to buy. He took a pass on it.

Attachments

• 2006_0916_114719.JPG
    2006_0916_114719.JPG
    849.7 KB · Views: 60
  • 2005_1012_095838.JPG
    2005_1012_095838.JPG
    788.2 KB · Views: 41

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
very last seconds of the video shows the horizon covered in smog, color of water looks like the atlantic, east coast, funny video I actually liked it as silly as it is. Im on a mother ph__kn BOAT!!:rotflmao

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
modesty is the first thing to go when everyone is freezing their ***** off.

Yeah, but not too dang far from your neck of the woods, if you *didn't* cuddle up with the other guys, you'd get thrown overboard :eek: :backoff LOL

Smogie

dunce
Reaction score
sorry yall you got it right. Was workin this week end. you fellas are wonderfull im gratefull for all the replys. Im sorry for the no pictures deal I dont have one of them fandagled picture takers all yall got these days im not there yet its just enough to get on th is thing and get it going. she aint nothin specal just bout pretty as a gators backside an smokes like a chimny burnin swamp wood

what yall recomend for a skunkape like me to do to my boat to make her haul a good load?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online