Heres one for ya

65sixbanger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I was sitting at a stoplight with a truck in front of and behind me. The truck was in second gear and I was holding the clutch in when all of a sudden my head flew back and the truck was stampeding towards the car in front of me. My instinct was to slam on the brakes and luckily it killed the truck. At first I thought the truck behind me, hit me, but then I noticed my clutch pedal was at the floor. I had to drive to work and back home without a clutch. Brake fluid was dripping from the slave cylinder, so I am assuming thats the culprit. Any Ideas??

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are very lucky that things didn't get worse. Fill the resevoir and have someone pump your clutch pedal while you are looking underneath. With the engine off of course

65sixbanger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is very little fluid, I already bought and put on the new slave cylinder assuming thats what it was. Now all i have to do is try and bleed it.

MeanGreen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After having a clutch rod failure under the dash on my 97 in traffic, I no longer sit at lights with the truck in gear. I wait in neutral and then shift when the light changes. It's safer, plus gives you that extra second to look for traffic. Not saying anything against your driving habits.......I used to do the same thing until it happened to me!
Jerry

Mat J

Way down south
Reaction score
yeah I always keep mine in N at lights and stuff, I didnt know this could happen though.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
My truck almost did the same thing, grendaded the throwout bearing. Clutch was halfway engaged, couldnt go anywhere.

Glad it was just the slave cylinder though ;Sweet

Feed Bunk

Cow hand
Reaction score
I carry a spare neoprene bushing with me ever scince my clutch pedal went to the floor in heavy traffic. Had to drive her like a semi till I could pull in a parking lot. Not as serious as your problem, but scarry none the less.