HELP WITH ELEC ISSUE

LASVEGAS7.3IDI

LASVEGAS7.3IDI
Reaction score
I HAVE A 92 F250 4X4 7.3 IDI MY ISSUE IS THAT THE 2 WIRES THAT GO TO THE GP CONTROLER THAT ARE ALWAYS HOT STARTED TO MELT THE CONNECTER THEY ARE HOUSED IN. I THOUGHT MAYBE THE CONTROLER WAS BAD SO I REPACED IT AND ALL THE GP WITH NEW. (BEUR) NO HELP STARTED LOOKING AT OTHER SENSORS IN THE ENG. HARNESS IT SELF ALL WIRES WERE GOOD. NOW WITH ALL WIRES CONNECTED TO GP CONTROLER WHEN I TURN THE KEW TO START IT THE WAIT TO START LIGHT DOES'ENT COME ON AND THE GP CONTROLER JUST CLICKS 4 OR 5 TIMES AND THEN STOPS IF I DONT PLUG IT IN IT WILL NOT START. I DID FIGURE OUT THAT THE RED WITH LT GREEN STRIPE ON IT IF I DISCONNECT IT FROM THE GP CONTROLLER IT STOPS CLICKING AND THE TWO ALWAYS HOT YELLOW WIRES DO NOT HEAT UP, BUT AS SOON AS I TOUCH THE RED WITH LT GREEN STRIPE TO THE GP CONTROLER THE YELLOW WIRES START TO HEAT UP AND TURN RED SO RIGHT NOW BOTH YELLOW AND THE RED WITH GREEN STRIPE WIRES ARE DISCONNECTED FROM THE GP CONTROLER AND IF I DONT PLUG IT IN IT WILL NOT START. IF ANY ONE HAS HAD THIS PROBLEM OR HAS HEARED OF IT AND KNOWS WHATS WRONG ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRICATED. IM AT THE POINT OF GOING TO THE DEALER SHIP TO HAVE IT LOOKED AT.:dunno

f350flatbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are a couple of wiring diagrams that may help you diagnose the problem.

Paul B

Attachments

• va055491.pdf
    45.9 KB · Views: 7
  • va055502.pdf
    27.9 KB · Views: 7

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
You have too much resistance in that circuit. Cut the wires where they go through the connector that is melting and splice them together with butt splices. That will buy you some time. The best thing to do is to connect the batery side of the relay to the battery with 4ga wire. When I did mine I put a 300a mega fuse at the batery to protect the circuit. This is a common problem with these trucks.
Ken

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
1) turn your caps lock off. that will keep you in more good graces and get you more info.

2.) it sounds like your glow plug controller is internally fried. It is supposed to turn the light on when the gps are active but it may not be and leaving the gps on.

plug everything in, turn the key on, wait 10 seconds and see if you have battery voltage at the gps. then let us know what you find. I have a "coffee table" book from ford on the 7.3 if you want their way of diagnosing the gp system.

punk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk