Help me chip a 95 stroke

Whit

Reaction score
Asking for assistence from the Ford Gurus, I have a buddy at work that has a 95 stroke and a chip in his hands, sorry I didnt ask what brand the box was but he told me he has to get into some kinda plastic box under the hood that is sealed, he says it looks like he would have to take a small dremel tool to the box to get it opened up.

Can someone give me instructions how to get this chip into service, keep in mind I am a Cummins dude so keep the instros simple LOL I know nothing about a stroke so please tell me where all these connections are

Cheers, Kevin

morepower02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it is like the 1999 and up 7.3's the computer is located by your left foot mounted by the parking brake. It is in a black holder. under the hood there is a 10 mm bolt that holds the harness connector to the computer thru the firewall. Remove the computer and there will be a service port on the back side of it. Remove the plug from the port and clean the rubber cement off of the terminal board. Plug the chip into the computer and your good to go.

Swany

Consiglieri
Reaction score
Pretty sure those 95's brain's are by the accelerator (where you'll have to plug the chip in).

Go over to TDS and post something there, bunch friendly chaps over thereLOL

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Help me chip a 95 stroke

Throw a rock at the windshield;p :sorry:

Seriously, All that is really nesc is s far as the chip is concerned, remove the plastic cover over the emergency brake pedal, and then remove the pedal itself. When those are removed, you'll have access to the pcm inside the fender. If there's a chip in there, the chip will be pointing towards the rear of the truck. If not, you might still have the black plastic cover over the opening in the pcm, or it might have been removed, and there might only be a vacant hole staring at you.

A piece of duct tape will hold that sucker from bouncing.....

One word of caution: KEEP THE KEYS IN YOUR POCKET! Till you have swapped out the chip.
Some guys swear by disconnecting the batts, while others say.......EH?

Dieselmaster

Diesel addict
Reaction score
What Geonc said....

95-97 its under/behind the parking brake....

What code is on the chip and what code do you have on your truck.... you know they have to be the same right???

Whit

Reaction score
I didnt know anything about codes being the same :confused: The chip came with the truck when the guy bought it so I will let him know that they have to be the same :eek:

Thanks a bunch ya bunch of stroke heathens ;)

Cheers, Kevin

Whit

Reaction score
Originally posted by Dieselmaster
If its a Superchip I can reprogram it with your code... I still have my stuff to do that....

If its something else ... :sorry:

I talked to him before we left work........yes it is a superchip, I gave a copy of this post and he doesnt know anything about this code thing, where do you find the code on the truck??? and we are guessing the superchip will say what its code is? he has had the chip for 4 years and aint hooked it up yet:eek:

Cheers, Kevin

Dieselmaster

Diesel addict
Reaction score
Originally posted by Whitmore
I talked to him before we left work........yes it is a superchip, I gave a copy of this post and he doesnt know anything about this code thing, where do you find the code on the truck??? and we are guessing the superchip will say what its code is? he has had the chip for 4 years and aint hooked it up yet:eek:

Cheers, Kevin

Well since he hasn't hooked the chip up and since you haven't either then it should be pretty easy to figure out what your codes are....

If you pull the E-brake loose and move it out of your way you will see your PCM on the firewall ... its a metal box about 8" x 10" .. there is a little black plastic insert kind of thing that covers the access port to the computer board inside.... on that plastic cover is a sticker that will have your code.... well unless it fell off or something... Or if yours is missing then you have to pull the whole pcm out of the truck.... a couple of bolts on the inside of the truck and the main wire harness which attaches to the face of it which you find on the inside engine compartment... on the lip of the PCM where the harness attaches is another sticker with the code on it...

Now all of this is meaningless if Ferd has reflashed your puter without you knowing it....

Well I hope it makes enough sense for you to follow...

Dieselmaster

Diesel addict
Reaction score
Whitmore...

The instructions I gave you are for your 95.... if your friend has a 99 or newer then the box is in front of the E-brake and is covered by a black plastic holder... held in place by two gold colored bolts...

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whitmore,

Did you ever get Lyle hooked up on this? I missed when this thread was originally posted due to vacation or something important like that. Heck, he lives just up the hill from me........

Mike

Whit

Reaction score
Originally posted by 95_stroker
Whitmore,

Did you ever get Lyle hooked up on this? I missed when this thread was originally posted due to vacation or something important like that. Heck, he lives just up the hill from me........

Mike

Its Brents truck, I didnt talk to him this week to see if he figgered it out yet?

Cheers, Kevin

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didnt realize Brent had one of these shoe boxes too. He lives just up the hill from me too, just not sure which hill.

Whit

Reaction score
Originally posted by 95_stroker
I didnt realize Brent had one of these shoe boxes too. He lives just up the hill from me too, just not sure which hill.

Do you live in some kinda hole :confused: LOL :confused:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance