HELP: Mack Midliner 8.8L, to pull Injector, must I drain Coolant first?

dozer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here done any fuel-system work on the 8.8L Renault/RVI engine in the Mack Midliner?

I have a misfiring cylinder (ID'd via cracking lines loose one by one), and I want to pull the injector and see what's up....and I'm wondering whether this engine requires the coolant to be drained before pulling injectors.

The Hino 6-cyl in my excavator has a big warning-sticker on the rocker-cover; saying that the coolant must be drained before removing injectors.

There's nothing like that on this Mack engine, and the service-manuals don't talk about it at all (at least, that I've been able to find so far).

Also, has anyone ever had one plunger go bad in a PE6SP pump?

I don't know that mine's bad, but when I was cracking the lines open, the line on the bad cyl didn't seem to 'blast' and mist the fuel that was spraying out from the nut and line, as much as the other cylinders did.

By the way, I need a good primer-pump for this PE6SP. The lockdown threads on this plastic plunger are stripped. If you have a known-good one you'd like to sell; or know of a good discount-place to buy one, please email me!

thanks much,

Richard

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online