HELP...Huge oil leak now nothing...HELP

Drew2010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well guys, got it all cleaned up and ran it awhile.... still no leaks. well anywhere that is of concern. (the rear mail leaks a little) but nothing on the front or sides.

The truck does have some blow by, but i dount think this much oil could get past the filler cap. it was on all the way. and the dipstick tube was mostly dry at the top and was still in...

tomorrow I will run it around 2000 rpm and see how it goes. I really want to know what happened, because the problems that "fix themselves" scare me the most...

Ill keep you guys updated and thanks for the thoughts so far.

Alex S

Jeoff
Reaction score
I drove around for a week without a dipstick. partly fords fault for messing up the order, partly my fault for forgetting to put the broken one back in. any way no oil shot out of the tube for me.

Yea same but with the oil filler cap

drove about a week with it off. opend the hood and noticed my cap was gone *** cookoo then looked over and it was still on the battery :rolleyes:

but anyways yea not much oil came out the srouning area was a little bit damp but thats about it

gatorman21218

Reaction score
haha at least you didnt put it on the fan shroud. I did that once when I changed my oil and when I started it up to bleed the system BANG that thing shot so far it took me 5 mins to find it. luckily it didnt break

Drew2010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well guys i cleaned it up and havent seen any leaks yet... Weird. I ordered an oil pressure gauge since the factory one doesnt work so I will start driving it again when the gauge is in. In the mean time im driving the gasser.

I will keep you guys posted if I find anything out. I really want to know where it was leaking so I could fix it.

turbodiesel94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is your valley pan full of oil? I had the turbo oil feed line crack on mine and it filled the valley pan causing oil to splash all over the front of the engine and everything below it.

Drew2010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is your valley pan full of oil? I had the turbo oil feed line crack on mine and it filled the valley pan causing oil to splash all over the front of the engine and everything below it.

nope it wasnt full of oil, i checked.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Valve pan cover bolts tight? Could it have been a bad seal or something. I don't knwo how THAT problem would seal itself back up though.

I was out looking at the front of my engine last night. All I can think of is that the problem Is only visible from the front of the engine. But as pointed out a leaky iol line to a turbo can cause oil to leak down teh front of the engine.

It leaked 4 quarts, that's not exactly a small leak. IF the CDR is defective, and IF that dipstick had a fairly tight seal as well as the oil cap, could positive crankcase pressure push oil out of the front main? I know I am grasping at straws here, but there aren't a whole lot of places where oil can pour our od an engine and fix itself without touching it.

The only other thing I can think of is the OP sending unit. But seeing the back of the block myself, I DOUBT oil can make it's way up to the front of the engine from the sending unit, but if it failed and came apart, just maybe? I figgure if this happened, you would have oil on the ground BEHIND the engine.

Drew2010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i wondered about the pressure in there if it was sealed up to tight. Is there a way to test the CDR?