HELP! Fuel leak

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea. I'm gonna try getting an assistant to rev it up for me. But first I'm gonna have to clean it up. The fan plays havoc with this situation.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Remember that scene in "Soylent Green" where Charleton Heston's character is shot up, giving his dying breath with the repulsive "Soylent Green is made of peeeeple" line? Well just imagine me lying there, and saying "oh ay tee smells like deeeeeeselll"... or perhaps I feel more like Bruce Willis in the 6th sense.... there at the end, when all the clues come cascading down on him to his shock and horror realizing that he is in fact dead....

My life has been a lie!!!!!

My leak is coolant! Not fuel!

Damn. Why are there no posts on this board that says Gold colored ELC smells a hell of a lot like diesel fuel!!!!

Yea, I think somebody eluded to that earlier, but nobody made me prove it to myself. I've spent 2 weeks and $100 fixing something that wasn't broken, oblivious to the actual problem. I'm a little disappointed that you guys were not more sluthy.... I mentioned taking the upper hose loose to remove the shroud. Nobody picked up on the fact that my leak started to disappear at that time. That's because I DIDN'T REPLACE THE LOST COOLANT. Then when I put it all back together, I filled it back up. That's when my leak returned. It seems I have a problem with my coolant recovery bottle. :rolleyes:

Woe is me.

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
boo frikin hoo :rotflmao

hey Mel i had a seam leak in my radiator. also had a water pump leak. my guess would be a seam leak high on the radiator. or maybe a coolant bottle issue

the more i drive my 7.3 the more i think it's the next generation of simplicity after the IDI (ok unless you count the Dodge/Cummins). reading up on 6.0s, 6.4s, 6.7 cummins, Dmax...if i were you i'd be happy you have an older "new tech" diesel, without EGR, DPF, Urea, etc.

they are no IDI, but they are still pretty simple and make good power while still being a modern vehicle with the bells and whistles we have grown accustomed to.

p.s. you want some cheese with that whine? :D-Flame Thr;Poke:rotflmao

Last edited:

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
Remember that scene in "Soylent Green" where Charleton Heston's character is shot up, giving his dying breath with the repulsive "Soylent Green is made of peeeeple" line? Well just imagine me lying there, and saying "oh ay tee smells like deeeeeeselll"... or perhaps I feel more like Bruce Willis in the 6th sense.... there at the end, when all the clues come cascading down on him to his shock and horror realizing that he is in fact dead....

My life has been a lie!!!!!

My leak is coolant! Not fuel!

Damn. Why are there no posts on this board that says Gold colored ELC smells a hell of a lot like diesel fuel!!!!

Yea, I think somebody eluded to that earlier, but nobody made me prove it to myself. I've spent 2 weeks and $100 fixing something that wasn't broken, oblivious to the actual problem. I'm a little disappointed that you guys were not more sluthy.... I mentioned taking the upper hose loose to remove the shroud. Nobody picked up on the fact that my leak started to disappear at that time. That's because I DIDN'T REPLACE THE LOST COOLANT. Then when I put it all back together, I filled it back up. That's when my leak returned. It seems I have a problem with my coolant recovery bottle. :rolleyes:

Woe is me.

ELC smells like deeeeesil? I never sniffed the stuff. :D Well that explains why you can't find the fuel leak that should be giving you a shower.:rotflmao

The degas bottle is most likely cracked. It will run you about $75. bucks from the dealer.

Hmm, I would be more sluthy if I can see the victim in person.:D

Tim the 2lman

Reaction score
Bless your thumpin' gizzard, Mel. Nothing like a little humble pie for your troubles. I've been eating a lot of it this week as well. Sounds like you're on the downhill side now, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes

Members online