help cold start

Goose_ss4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK i am having some problems with my fast idel and cold advance.

I am not getting power to the cold advance nor the selonoid for fast idel. I bypassed the selonoid and it does work, but with the wrire hooked nothing. I did the same for the cold advance on the pump, but couldn't tell if it worked or not. The sensor for this system is on the driver side front correct? Head?

Finally i think my glow plug harness is done, so i am going to make my own. For those who have done this, what size wire did you use, and do you have a pic or drawing of what you did?

Thanks

94 7.3idit

smolkin

Stuck inside Mobile
Reaction score
When I made a up a new harness I used about 20' of 12-gauge wire, automotive-rated to resist gas/oil, 25' of split loom, 8 bullet connectors (14-16 awg but I made 12 work), 2 large 6-8 awg lugs, and about 12" of 1/2" heat-shrink. I ran a separate wire for each plug and crimped them in banks of 4 for each lug, then split-loomed everything and put 1/2" heatshrink pieces at all the joints in the loom. So far so good, just don't forget whatever you do, to measure 3X and cut once! I wish I had a pic but I guess I forgot to take one. :(

My cold start circuit isn't working either, maybe someone else has pointers on that...

smolkin

Stuck inside Mobile
Reaction score

Goose_ss4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would that work on my turbo motor? Controller on valve cover?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grizzly Wrecker