Head gasket spacer shim

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just... no. It won't hold up well enough - personal experience with some custom one-off decompression gaskets is that they will end up leaking in a relatively short period of time - even with massive amounts of copper permatex spray.
IDIs like their compression - decompressing results in smoke and hard starting when cold. If you need to take a little off, the pistons can be shaved and that seems far safer to me.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I have not seen or read anything about these gaskets. Am interested to read more..

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Well where it's only .020" thick, I wouldn't think that it would have the issues that Macrobb said that he had with Justin's decompression gaskets. It says in the description that it's for cases of extreme machining where too much material was removed. I'm interested too.

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I Think it wouldn't have decompression 'issues', just leaking ones. But, my point is that decompression isn't really a goal you want...

gerlbaum

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like it's for when you have valve recession issues. I dunno, but I agree increasing a head gasket thickness isn't the right way to lower compression.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online

No members online now.