having trouble with fuel fitting

Goose_ss4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the fitting going into the I.P. from lift pump. thinking of switching to electric, but can't get the right inlet fitting. I think it is a flare o-ring , and I am trying to go to npt. does anybody know it or have done the same thing as me? please help

johneich

John, 1983 F250
Reaction score
the fitting going into the I.P. from lift pump. thinking of switching to electric, but can't get the right inlet fitting. I think it is a flare o-ring , and I am trying to go to npt.

On my truck the filter is in between the lift pump, yours should be the same, so you would have a lift pump to filter line and then a filter to IP line.

My answer would be the same though: put a short piece of rubber fuel hose on the flare steel line, clamp it tight with a hose clamp and get your npt fitting with a hose barb, clamp the short fuel hose to the barb and you are done.

Here are some pics of how it worked for Jonathan and I:

http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?t=47528

Goose_ss4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I move my filter under the bed. I have a better quality house that I want to install, but held up by fitting.

basilbowman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the same thing when I couldn't get an olive for the steel line - works fine so far. I used hydraulic hose instead of fuel line, thought it might stand up to WVO a little better.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it is a -5 o-ring boss thread easy to get at a hyd shop

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online