Has the hackers returned

Dave Barbieri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the humorous response earlier. I didn't realize how bad a nerve this hit, or the fact that someone could be intentionally targeting the group. Sorry guys.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Dave.. Its not really anything you did to offend members here. I feel I'm like others when a person or group od people set out to attack a server or forum. I get "a little edgey and want to twist off some heads..... Kinda graffic but you get my subtle point. This issue will be taken care of and we will be back running till the next attack. I aplaud those that are fixing this mess. They are a tireless person from what I understand...:hail:hail:hail

Dave Barbieri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it. And thanks. I tend to face bad news with a "Pass the beer, let's move on and take care of it" attitude that might come across as not caring. Not the case. I'm a member of several diesel lists, and losing the ability to learn from people on this list would be a seriously bad thing.

D.A.V_Oil_Brnr

M88 Junky
Reaction score
Forum Woes

Ok ladies and gents,

Here is a little bit of information from someone that builds computers (me).
A lot of times the internet gets funky because of something called browser cache, cookies, and temporary memory. This includes a hidden (by default) folder called "temp" that windows uses as a temporary area for files which later get deleted. Problem, they stock pile and cause issues.

Best way to see if this is a problem is to download a free program from "piriform" called "ccleaner". This program can clean temporary files, recycle bin, windows clipboard (E.G. : clipboard = 'copy/paste' function), and many other things. Look through the program and learn what is what and make sure to check settings so you don't clear something you don't want cleared (like, say, a saved password and name for a webpage login).

Also, for those of you stuck on using Internet Explorer for whatever reason, your asking for problems. Use either Firefox or Chrome, and have ccleaner delete every file possible for internet explorer.

There is and are more things relevant here, but this is the best place to check for those that may need it. Any questions? Ask, I give free tech support (and unlike Microsoft, I don't call you a criminal for calling).

Best of luck everyone.

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
Who is that in your Avatar:love:

Her name is Rainy Day Jordan. Yep, her real name. She is miss december 2011 in *******. Anyway, the reason I put her as an avi is that she is from Merkel tx, a little town just west of Abilene.
Caused a big hubbub when the Abilene paper released that she was posing.

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Her name is Rainy Day Jordan. Yep, her real name. She is miss december 2011 in *******. Anyway, the reason I put her as an avi is that she is from Merkel tx, a little town just west of Abilene.

Reminds me of a classic Hank Williams jr song = texas women..

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the grass wasn't growing due to the drought, so the newspapers had to find something to report. :eek:

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
the grass wasn't growing due to the drought, so the newspapers had to find something to report. :eek:

:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao

She was even at the Abilene mall signing autographs. I didn't get to go, but from what I was told, it was probably the most guys the mall has seen at one time!

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
must of been one of those that everyone in town fought about. Hell when I was in high school there was a girl looked about like her in a little town just N of mine and seems like there were fights every year at the county fair over her.

Sad when there aint enough gorgeous women to go around

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To say someone has a ******* for OB.net doesn't seem likely.
I agree with you that this probably isn't an issue that's limited to OB, but unfortunately, I can think of a few people who might target OB. I know that there have been a few people over the years who have been shown the door and were not very happy about it...I don't know if any of them would have enough malice and time to do something about it, and I am certainly not making any accusations, but it is conceivable, sadly...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online