Guages

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i have really been wanting some new use full gauges for my truck but im not sure what i should get or where i should put them, or the differences between mechanical and electric. I am thinking about getting a tranny temp, water temp, pyro, maybe voltage, and a tach. Im not sure how much the gauges really cost, is 100 bucks a gauge normal? Thanks

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Gauges are a tricky subject. Many people have there own favorite brands, mine being ISSPRO, so I would be a little biased.

As far as price is concerned, $100 a gauge will buy you pretty good gauges, but not the bets. I like to think that ISSPRO is the best, obviously cause I'm biased LOL. But I also think that other name brand gauges such as Auto-meter are good gauges as well.

Mechanical gauges are the old school technology gauges. For instance a oil pressure gauge will have a line comign from the engine with engine oil to measure the oil pressure. They are generally cheaper, but if something goes wrong, if you have oil pressure gauges and what not, you might get oil into your cab.

Electrical gauges are the new technology gauges. They will have senders that read pressure, temp, ect...then wiring coming out of the sender that goes to the gauges. They are generally more expensive, and there is more wiring involved.

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now when i buy a electric gauge, will it come with a sender or is it just the gauge? Also Justin what does the inside of your cab look like, where did you put your gauges?

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
IIRC, he has the Tach on his A-pillar, and the other 4 gauges on top of his dash.

[email protected]

Reaction score
I have ISSPRO pyro, Oil pressure and water temp. The pyro has been great. The water and temp are "electrical", which means they have a sending unit and electonic box. I have replaced the oil gauge twice and the water temp twice because the sensors in on the engine went bad, and ISSPRO will not repair them, and will not sell just the sensors. On my third Oil pressure gauge, they were kind enough to send me a sensor at no cost, but I have already replaced an entire water gauge/sender/ampifier this year.

I do hope the newest ones are more reliable!

Wayne