Granning Air Suspension

foxman

foxman
Reaction score
Looking for anyone who has knowledge of the Granning rear suspension. Am looking at the feasability of installing this on a 96 F 350. All suggestions or comments appreciated. Any insight = devine!

Foxman

foxman

foxman
Reaction score
It appears that no one here is interested in smooth ride or load carrying ability. Maybe I am in a world yet to be discovered? ? Maybe the 2600.00 price of the kit scares most or you? Wanted: just an opinion?

DZL JIM

Site Sponsor
Reaction score
There are 'better' options out there IMO.
I don't like their one piece bent steel link, nor their need for a nylon strap to hold the alxe up.
I really don't like how they don't have an actual steel cross link to center the axle, they use nylon pads fixed to the frame with steel 'rubber' blocks on the axle.

Personally I like the Road Tamer, or the Talon, or any of the 4 link set-ups. I've always wanted to do bags in the back and it looks pretty straight forward to make one, and if I ever do it'd be like one of the 2 I mentioned.

Good luck.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

foxman

foxman
Reaction score
Thanks so much for your reply. During the lapse of time from my post to you answer, I purchased the truck with the Granning on it. I am believing that there are very few of us that know what a true air ride really is. Thanks so much for the input! ! Now that I have it I am considering the use of the centering link instead of the teflon pads that are here now. The other thing is this truck has the Dana 80 rear and I surely do not need anything that heavy as I do not go off road. I am just scratching my head and my a** at this point to see where to go from here. All input welcome?????????

foxman

foxman
Reaction score
Towcat:
My original truck is a F350. Last week I purchased a F450 ex-ambulance with the Granning suspension. Both trucks have the identical ( 84" cab to axle ) demension so right now I am undecided whether to move the suspension to the 350 or move my flat-bed to the 450. Will be glad to post pictures but will have to get dskbrks to do it as I am not that camera savy. The 450 has about 139,000 miles where the 350 has 180,000
Maybe the sirens and the strobes would be fun to play with. Sure to **** the neighbors! If I do not use the 450, I should have some good stuff for sale.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
youd be better off with the 450.more GVW in the same size truck.parts are a little more expensive and harder to find especially suspension parts.but all your engine and tranny parts are the same as a 350 for the most part.you dont need to go offroad to have a dana 80 under the truck.if you move alot of wieght or pull heavy you will be happy you have one.plus the price tag on one of them bad boys if you cut the truck up is anywhere from 1200 to 2000.00 :eek: .