Got my truck back!

GaPchNCrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yay! I got my truck back! I was way to happy to turn my friends truck back over to her.

Now we can get to work on the things we need done before heading to Chattanooga! ;Sweet

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GaPchNCrm said:
Yay! I got my truck back! I was way to happy to turn my friends truck back over to her.

Now we can get to work on the things we need done before heading to Chattanooga! ;Sweet

Yay is right!!! Congratulations!! So when are we going camping anyways!!?? ;Sweet

GaPchNCrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ericboutin said:
Yay is right!!! Congratulations!! So when are we going camping anyways!!?? ;Sweet

Thanks guys :D

Let us know when is good for y'all!

BTW, how close are y'all to North Augusta? There are a few barrel races coming up at the Hippodrome there that we may aim for... wasn't sure how close that was to y'all.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tanya, Glad Peppermint got serviced. Did they throw a steam cleaning in, so she looks untarnished? What was the damage if you don't mind us asking. Always curious to hear how much money we save ourselves these days. Speaking of damage, did you ever get that body work fixed by the "friend" who had their way with her? Glad your back on the road. Lady Moose will be happy to hear, as she is at work today. The Windstar blew a tire, and we need to haul an extra person home today, so she was the only rig availble to do the job today.

GaPchNCrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mel- right at 800.00. And no steam cleaning :( I had hoped they would.

The body work is on our list of things to get done now. My preferred body shop is backed up and he said it would be sometime around april before he got it done. I said I didn't care as long as it was before the 4th of July! lol

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GaPchNCrm said:
Mel- right at 800.00. And no steam cleaning :( I had hoped they would.

The body work is on our list of things to get done now. My preferred body shop is backed up and he said it would be sometime around april before he got it done. I said I didn't care as long as it was before the 4th of July! lol

A couple of cans of "Gunk" and a good water hose then. :rolleyes:

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
The cheap stuff at Advance auto works great.The house brand stuff.I hose down the Deuce once(talk about a waste of time!) and it cut 30 years of GUNK off in no time.Was bright,Flat and green after it dried(The paint is drys flat in case someone didn't know).But I actually found out even the engine is OD green....hmmm,though it was black.....

GaPchNCrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agnem said:
A couple of cans of "Gunk" and a good water hose then. :rolleyes:

Last time I let BJ loose with a water hose and the engine compartment of my truck, it cost 800. I'm thinking a bucket of water and a toothbrush- surely that repair bill would be less! LOL

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GaPchNCrm said:
Last time I let BJ loose with a water hose and the engine compartment of my truck, it cost 800. I'm thinking a bucket of water and a toothbrush- surely that repair bill would be less! LOL
I'm guessing this was with a warm engine?

With a bone-cold engine, it ought to be safe...just be careful...OTOH, maybe the toothbrush isn't such a bad idea? ;)