Glow plug issue and leaking fuel lines

H3LLSP4WN

Reaction score
i recently replace controller and glow plugs and relay on 1984 F250 6.9 idi I replaced with all motorcraft components but am having issues with the glow plugs intermittently cycling after engine is running on even warm days dont have a clue right now just stumped originally the glow plugs were some cheap after market bs and so i replaced them all and all components to ensure good parts after replacing the glow plugs i had 2 injector lines start leaking is it might due to alignment of the line to the injector i had no leaks prior to this

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are they cycling only after you start it for a minute or so or are they randomly cycling while driving? They are supposed to cycle a few times after you start it, but if you're going down the road and all the sudden start cycling for no reason you have an issue.

Your leaks are probably just because you bumped the return lines, very common and some new o-rings should solve the issue.

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The controller is probably going bad if it is flashing on while driving greater than a minute or two. Mine was doing this, manual push button fixed it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726