Glow plug harness?

pwrdbyidi

Reaction score
Has anyone purchased a new GP harness either from Ford or IH? Does this harness include the hookups for the FSS and timing advance, or the GPs only?

Thanks for the help.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's my understanding that IH sold a kit to convert a 6.9 to a 7.3 style glow plug system. Not sure if it is still available, but that might be the best way to get one.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I have a new one hanging in the shop, still in the IH package. I can look for you. I bought it for mine but haven't installed it, been a while since I looked at it to be honest! :) It is for the 87 up stuff with bullet connector type gp's, not sure what year you are working on.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I will try to get a look at it, that should be the same one. Will post back as quick as I can. Have you priced one? I think they are quite pricey IIRC!!!

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Ok, on the passenger side, this harness has two wires coming out the front end of the harness. One is yellow, one is puple. The yellow one splits and has two female insulated spades about 7 inches apart. The purple one has one insulated female spade. When I say insulated, I mean the "wrapped in plastic with the little lock/catch doohicky!"

Progressing toward the firewall, you find the plugs for the 4 passenger side glow plugs. Then, towards the center of the harness, which would be installed at the rear of the engine, there is a plug that has the purple and yellow wires running to it, sticks out of the harness about 4 inches (I am guessing that this goes to a temp sensor to activate the fuel heater and fast idle, but I don't know for sure). Then, about 6 or 7 inches toward the driver side, there are two big blue wires that go to a ring terminal, these are the glow plug power feeds. There is also a purple wire with the round Delco type plug (round with a latch, has a male pin inside). From there, the harness goes back forward and has the four glow plug - plug ends.

The harness I have is International part number 1807648C94 - Here is a picture of it.

Hope that helps - let me know if you want to know anything else about it. I brought it in from my workshop, so it is here on my desk for a day or so!!!

Last edited:

pwrdbyidi

Reaction score
Thanks for the info! I'd really like to find a good condition used harness, but I may end up having to shell out for the new one. At least the IH is quite a bit cheaper than the one from MWFI. I'll take the $116.99 IH over the $199.52 MWFI harness!

pwrdbyidi

Reaction score
I just called the local IH dealer. $84.99

It pays to shop around!

coryfast

Reaction score
wiring harness

i have a 1993 that is in need of the harness also will this work for my truck and is there any modification i need to do to the harness to make it work on my truck. i have read some post that say a couple of the wires are not needed in the harness.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online