garette 1.10/1.15 over banks turbo?

giezy

Reaction score
have a chance to buy a good turbo for really good price.From a power stroke

This be a good turbo for replacing the banks i have curently? would it hit 20 psi later down the road when i do the pump and injectores(moosepump mabee)

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing from the size that its an OBS Powerstroke turbo. To answer your question, yes it will spool to 20+ psi if you have enough fuel but it would be laggy cus the turbine housing is so big. Also it will take quite a bit of modification to make it fit. Its not a direct bolt on.

giezy

Reaction score
it s from a 99-02 i belive and was thinking building a twin compound to over com lag with a smaller turbo just don't know witch one yet( was thinking one frone a 2.2 mopar or 2.3 turbo ford)

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As a compound it might work but I don't know the size of the compressor wheel. That might limit you especially as a primary in a set of compounds. As a single with a .85, it might spool decently. Especially if you add more fuel. Do you plan on modding you fuel system at all? Also how much boost are you wanting to run?

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is actually a guy over at TDS running one. His name is Rotaryboots but I haven't seen him online in over a year...

giezy

Reaction score
dont whant to go over 20 psi and yes more fuel but the pump and injectors were already does a year ago and was turned up a bit but not much was planing a tq cam from type 4 and studs when I swap my motor then plan the rest after it gets running i also going to ciinvert my truck to 4 wheel drive!

Whould like to get around 250/500 hp/tq

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Those powerstroke turbo's are oddballs, they spin the opposite direction of most turbos. You would have to get the turbo pedestal from a powerstrole and then run piping to it to get it to work. The 99-03 turbos are wastegated and have .84 A/R houSings I believe. Yes they will flow enough for 20psi, anything over 30psi is out of their range.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online