galvanized tank and diesel fuel

IDIeselman

Reaction score
When rebuilding my truck I put in a factory tank from a 1986 gasser. Does anyone know if the gasser tanks were galvanized from the factory or will I be ok?
Tim

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there's been a a fair amount of guys here putting in the galvanized tanks with no immeadiate problems to report. I'm from the old school where you aren't supposed to do that. I guess it boils down to the risk/reward dept. I am keeping a close eye on Brian Hagen since I know he has done so and he commutes with his truck daily.

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
When I had my 90 IDI I did it. The technology in todays galvanizing makes all the difference. The first time I did it I actually called the tank manufacturer about it. The acted like they never heard that before. I never had a probem with it though. You should be just fine.
Ken

IDIeselman

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I guess I'll keep on running it .if you happen to hear any horror stories from Brian ,by all means let us (me)know.
Tim

BJS

Reaction score
My truck has a glavanized bronco tank in it and has for the past 10 years. When centruion did the conversion that's what they put in for a fuel tank. I've had no fuel system problems other than a fuel pump that went bad after 150k(normal).

I have seen problems w/ WVO in galvanized tanks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online

No members online now.