Fummins Clutch/flywheel help

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
i am about 83% done with my cummins convertion into my 89 ford f250. The motor is the 1990 cummins 12 valve. I have the adapter plate for my Ford ZF5 diesel tranny already. my motor did not come with a flywheel. I finally found one for the dodge. My ? is what flexplate are you guys using..my ford flex does not bolt up to the dodge flywheel. Im curious what you guys are doing as far as this. Are you guys using the Dodge flywheel and flex plate with the ford clutch disk? or are you guys drilling holes in the flywheel to accept the ford flexplate and clutch disk? thanks guys

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you mean pressure plate? I know you bought used, but maybe the maker of your adaptor can clue you in?
Travis..

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
yes i ment pressure plate thank you..Yeah the plate was purchased used. Some old company that is no longer in buisness. im sure de stroked or ford-cummins put them down. They have the really nice beafy motor mounts that use the 460 ruber and the adapter plate uses a dodge starter with no block modifications.

I know some people are using south bend but i just purchased a dodge flywheel and i dont want to have to turn around and buy a southbend one. whats the diffrence between the southbend flywheel and the stock dodge one? just drilled holes for the ford pressure plate? thanks guys

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin