Fuel line retaining clip size

Ddizzy77

Reaction score
Working on replacing the rear tank, broke one of the line retaining clips, the ones which connect the fuel line to the pick up. Would anyone know the size of the clip or a source for them? 1993 f250 7.3 idi

mblaney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1 easy to source. Dorman 800-017 is a kit with two sizes listed on the blister pack. Used them on my rear tank.

DrCharles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there any reason not to use hose clamps (the kind for fuel injection that stay round on the inside)? It seems that wrestling these clips off with the special pliers or homemade tool is more work than just unscrewing a clamp... :dunno

Ddizzy77

Reaction score
P
Is there any reason not to use hose clamps (the kind for fuel injection that stay round on the inside)? It seems that wrestling these clips off with the special pliers or homemade tool is more work than just unscrewing a clamp... :dunno

Probably no real reason. These have worked fine 20+ years, will probability just keep the clips. Don't want to drop the tank again.

gandalf

Reaction score
I have a slightly different Dorman part number.

You must be registered for see images attach

You can even see two of the clips on the keyboard, right above the pack with the number.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I believe the metal ones are at the tank connections. Then they have that goofy metal piece on them also.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
don't use hose clamps, they may seal the liquid, but ive never had luck with them keeping the air out.
I use these on all my stuff.

gandalf

Reaction score
Here they are in place on the rear tank on my truck. What you can see is the triangular shaped head. The legs go down and straddle the fuel line. You must remove these very carefully, and usually break them anyway. If you're removing the fuel line buy a pack of the clips ahead of time.

BTW, this is a '92 CCLB Dually.

gandalf

Reaction score
So why was the bed removed??? Sure nice pics too...

The bed came off to facilitate R&R of the rear tank. We won't go into the necessity for that. I did the job in front of the house, lifting the bed with my cherrypicker. I have to tell you, my neighbors are pretty tolerant, now that the valleygirl witch has moved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance