Fuel Heater Guts

nyteshades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was trying to troubleshoot a rear tank issue, not getting any fuel from the rear tank with a half tank full. Anyway, I pulled the filter off to re-prime it and when I did that the brass screw plug and the fuel heater guts came with the filter. I must have over tightened it putting on. :dunno

Fuel filter electrical isn't hooked up and I doubt it ever will be, but for the mean time do I need the heater guts in the filter to get a proper seal?

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well yeah, since the connector that sticks out the filter head is also part of the heating element assembly

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Usually these heaters work or they don't. I think they are on all the time. At least I have never found a way to turn them off other than removing the wire feed. I don't feel they are needed to be installed but first look closely at how the filter gaskets meet up with the hetaer and filter aluminum housing. I'f I recall the fuel enters the filter thru the outer holes on the filter. The fuel is pumped thru the element and the supply to the injection pump port has a seal on it from the filter. Look at the large center hole in the filter. If it has a seal around it then you wont need the heater inplace. Check it out ...