fsv

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FSV is the fuel selector valve, the doo hickey that switches tanks.

I think Jonathan there is talking about the FSS (Fuel Shutoff Solenoid) on the top of the IP but can't be sure. I'm just guessing from looking at his other thread he just made :dunno

If thats what you mean, it is actuated by the ignition column but you can bypass that stuff if you wanna test it by running a hot wire from the battery to the FSS. Unplug it to turn engine off. Thats how it works :angel:

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FSV is the fuel selector valve, the doo hickey that switches tanks.

I think Jonathan there is talking about the FSS (Fuel Shutoff Solenoid) on the top of the IP but can't be sure. I'm just guessing from looking at his other thread he just made :dunno

If thats what you mean, it is actuated by the ignition column but you can bypass that stuff if you wanna test it by running a hot wire from the battery to the FSS. Unplug it to turn engine off. Thats how it works :angel:

I did mean the fss lol

DaytonaBill

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, that doo hickey on the top of the IP? Sorry Jonathan, I couldn't figure out what you meant... I came up with a blank with that fsv thingy...LOL

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well then like I said, key on = power for it.

If theres no smoke in exhaust it aint opening up. So run a wire from th batt + to it to see if it works.

If there is exhaust smoke then at that point, then the wiring to it is bad somewhere or something in the column ain't working. I would just run a toggle switch to the dash for an ON/OFF switch. at which point I'd also run a pushbutton for the starter. Then you don't need a key to start/drive it. Might want to add an extra switch somewhere, but these trucks are extremely easy to steal anyway;Really. The wiring can all be done with 3 wires - 1 hot wire into the dash and just tie it to both switches and 1 wire to the S-post on starter relay, and 1 wire to FSS.

Still no smoke at that point means new IP or working on that one.