FS in Delaware-- 1984 F-250 6.9L Regular Cab Long Box

84IDI-BERTHA

Reaction score
FS in Delaware-- 1984 F-250 6.9L Regular Cab Long Box 4WD

Hey everyone,

I regretfully put this post up for my truck. I am deployed a lot and haven't had time to take care of this beauty like I wanted to. I haven't been on the forum in probably a year or so but this is where I feel she should be listed.

I don't want any joe-schmo buying this truck and junking it one day. I would rather someone who knows these trucks take it off my hands, and can care for her like she needs.

First off, I haven't even had a photobucket on here and don't have a way to post pictures that I know of. BUT, I will try to check this as often as possible and I will be more than happy to send some pictures to emails/through texts. Truck is white, with the black plastic strip down the sides(can't think of the name of it) as well as the chrome trim pieces.

Engine has minor oil leak as well as trans. Seals/gaskets I think are the issue. But have not gotten worse over the last few years. Cab corners are not rusted, underbody is quite clean for the age. Rear wheel wells have surface rust on the outer sheet metal (not on the inside of the fender) rear right corner of truck is a bondo job from previous owner. Gooseneck hitch in bed. Brakes work fine, but will need tires. New brake booster and master cylinder last fall. New modulator (black stripe) in tranny this January. Glow plugs are in a manual circuit with a toggle in the cab, all were replaced last summer. Fuell shutoff solenoid/high idle temp module in motor shorted out last year. Right now the fuel shutoff solenoid is wired to a manual on/off toggle in the cab. Starter was replaced last summer. Flywheel I think has a few teeth that are worn in one small spot, sometimes the starter will free spin, so I think the actuator isn't reaching in that spot. It's a hit and miss issue. But the next try it will fire up no problem. Interior is clean, new seats and carpet were put in before I bought the truck. New speakers in the doors(nothing fancy). Has a head unit with aux plug and CD player. Running boards are both solid, I can bounce on both and they don't wiggle. Truck has a/c, but it doesn't blow cold. Looks like it is still set up for R12. I never used it or attempted to do anything to it.

Truck has the 6.9L IDI, C6 trans (No O/D) cruise control still works, 125,*** miles on her(original). An old man was trading this into a small dealership here in Delaware, and I bought it the next day, so I am the third owner if you include the dealership. I have the title in hand. I cannot remember the gearing in the rear end(sorry gents) I am not sure if it is in my signature anymore or if I got rid of it. She is sitting on 265/75/R16s right now, transforce A/T's and will run 75-80(with a slight downhill grade it hits over 80) at redline, if that will help any to determine gearing. I have not personally towed with this vehicle, just hauling things in the back. Motor is strong, she still smokes and fogs like none other. Trans still shifts nice and doesn't slip. A hypermax turbo was installed by the Original Owner, and still boosts well and she likes to sing through the straight pipe.

ASKING PRICE: $3500 O.B.O. I will entertain any offers and just ask for no low balling.

This is my daily driver, but work is very close to my home. I bought the truck with 117,*** miles on it and I am still under 126,*** after 3 years.

Sorry for such a long post but hoping someone on here can appreciate her!! Again, sorry about the pictures but please let me know if you want any and I will email/text them.
You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks everyone,
Brandon

Last edited:

84IDI-BERTHA

Reaction score
Finally figured out how to get up some pictures. Enjoy! All of my neighbors on base will probably not miss this old girl. But I sure will

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
That sure is a well taken care of rig. I hope things change for you and you keep it. Way too nice a rig to crush for the cash after stripping it. If it sells I hope someone keeps it as nice as you and the P.O. has.

84IDI-BERTHA

Reaction score
Thank you, I appreciate it. I have tried to keep her nice. I am quite proud of her, although there is always room for improvement. Definitely do not want to scrap it, I would sell my wife's car to keep this. haha I hope someone does the same if it sells.