FS: 1977 6x6 1600 Zeligson Loadstar

RedTruck

Reaction score
I did a little horse trading a few years ago to help a friend out, and ended up with this truck. IH built 4x4 loadstars with IH axles. The Zeligson Co. built 4x4 and 6x6 Loadstar and Ford trucks based on a 2-2 1/2 ton chassis. They used military axles and transfer cases for the conversions (as near as I can tell).

From what I know this truck was originally bought by a construction company that buried telephone and power lines in Minnesota. It has less than 40,000 miles on the 345 engine. It has a 5 speed non overdrive transmission and divorced 2 speed transfer case. It also has a fwd/rev pto that was originally used to run a bumper mounted winch. The winch/bumper is gone. I have not had time to spend with this at all. I know the radiator leaks. The friend I got it from had it running but it ran poorly. I suspect it is due to old gas. The hood could use some work or replacement. The vent cowl has some rust, but the cab isn't really to bad for an IH/Minnesota cab.

I believe these are toploader rockwell axles. The front axle is closed knuckle.

I'm not in a hurry to sell. If you have questions please post them here. If you have offers or trades please PM me.

Thank you for looking,

Paul

You must be registered for see images

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin