front rotor removal

c_silva88

Reaction score
my 96 f-super dutys front rotor recently broke at a job site and i have to change it there i havnt had a chance to get to the truck and see if i need any special tools yet. i was wondering what tools are needed to change the rotor and whats involved in the swap this is my first truck bigger then a ford ranger.

chvycmnslvr68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have never been into a super duty myself but its been my experience that most anything with dual wheels has the rotor mounted from the back side of the hub and the hub has to be removed to replace the rotor ... In 96 I would not think that they had gone to the large torx head bolts yet ... but it may be possible ... if 4x4 you will need a hub socket ... if 2x4 you may need a large socket from a 3/4 drive set but you may be able to get by with a large set of channel lock pliers .. depending on the setup .... I mostly work on large semi trucks I am not too familiar with how the grease cap is on the superduty if its 2x4... but you probably wont be able to get to the nut w/o the right socket .... you might call ford to see what you will need for tools ...

c_silva88

Reaction score
ended up getting it changed wasn't to bad worst part was the star bolts that held the rotor to the hub

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online