Fox Valley Timing Adapters on Ebay??

PackRat239

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone here have any experience with the Fox Valley Timing Adapters selling on Ebay for $55.00? Seems like a good price if it works.

Kalashnikov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It needs a lumy probe to work so it's not good to go with just an inductive timing light. There are a few threads on here I got my info from and ultimately went with the Ferret.

Kalashnikov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't recall the exact reasoning but I know it is not ready to use with just a timing light and the Fox adapter. There are a few treads on it that I found when I was searching.

Wyreth

Certifiable Noob
Reaction score
IIRC Lumy timing is measured ATDC, I've yet to see a timing light that will retard past 0* So you would literally have to measure and mark new timing lines on your balancer.

At least that is what I remember from the last discussion on the Fox adapter.

However don't they have a 20* offset setting? If so, then you should be able to use one.

jaluhn83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In theory you could use a cylinder 90* before #1 and then use the 90* advanced setting as your TDC..... or the other way around, not sure which way would work.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking the same as Jaluhn83. It would take some playing with to get it right, but if you used it on a cylinder 90 degrees off from cylinder 1 then you could time it that way using a timing light that had up to 90 degrees of advance. Problem with lumi method is it is after top dead center versus before top dead center.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online