Ford's new fence cleaning option.

spencnaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL, that's hilarious. We never have this problem with our old IDI. Ford's become a joke.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL, that's hilarious. We never have this problem with our old IDI. Ford's become a joke.
We do have a problem "similiar" to that. Every now and then when one of our injectors hangs open, the cylinder will do one of two things...
one...feul will pool on the top of the piston and burn through. Usually the rings will wash down before that occurs.
two...if the injector dumps while the engine is shut down, the cylinder in question will hydrolock.
Look at it this way, kids pay big $$$ to get that flamethrower feature on their ricers.:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao
Sidenote....anybody notice the height of the exhaust from the ground and how the water is evaporating as it sits? Remember heat rises. Just imagine the cooking going on with the underbody of the truck:eek:

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Sidenote....anybody notice the height of the exhaust from the ground and how the water is evaporating as it sits? Remember heat rises. Just imagine the cooking going on with the underbody of the truck:eek:
I was thinking the same thing, it is also too close to the bumper (plastic).:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Listen to that knock too_OUCH.Less than a year old and already knocking like that....and the blue smoke when he revs it........Ford needs to dump the 6.0 platform(the 6.4 a super 6.0 basically....like the 7.3 is a 6.9) and go back to the last Successful diesel they had.7.3L PSD.Wonder how hard it would be to clean up to match the clean standards of the new EPA Bull Chit!

dsblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can see the ad now....

Remeber the last time someone cut you off in traffic?
Remeber the last time someone stoped short in front of you?
Well, Rolling a cloud of black smoke is now the second best thing. Imagine....

Toasted ricer!

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
Listen to that knock too_OUCH.Less than a year old and already knocking like that....and the blue smoke when he revs it........Ford needs to dump the 6.0 platform(the 6.4 a super 6.0 basically....like the 7.3 is a 6.9) and go back to the last Successful diesel they had.7.3L PSD.Wonder how hard it would be to clean up to match the clean standards of the new EPA Bull Chit!

Knocking? man someone was in there beating it with a hammer!!!-Flame ThrWooo Hooooo!!!!

spencnaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounded like a couple of injectors were popping off at the same time.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
The knock was coming from something else. When they rev the engine on the fire breather the knock doesn't change. But anyhow I just saw tis on another site and loved it
I can see it now, DP-Tuner's new multi-position chip for the 6.4 will have these different settings:

It's still sayin' "Mooo"
Rare
Medium Rare
Medium
Medium Well
Well Done
Charcole brickett

And "You'd better move your truck, you just set the pavement on fire."

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Looks fake to me.... but who knows...

Could that knocking sound be the sound of a sparker inside the tail pipe? :rolleyes:

I know those auto igniters kinda sound like that.

After just watching it a little, it does seem to have something to do with the engine speed...

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:rotflmao Good one Gruss;Sweet

Ford needs to dump the 6.0 platform(the 6.4 a super 6.0 basically....like the 7.3 is a 6.9) and go back to the last Successful diesel they had.7.3L PSD.Wonder how hard it would be to clean up to match the clean standards of the new EPA Bull Chit!

Think I'll stick with my 7.3 for a long while, prolly good for another 328,000 miles or so. May eventually go for a 6.0 as I think it could be made better with a little "custom surgery" and elimination of some crap:D ........The more I read on particulate filters and how they work and some of the other crap they put on em the less I want the new diesels of any brand.

No wonder Rampy had concerns of using one of these new trucks for a Brush Truck.....Hell this '08 Ferd would be better suited for Back Burning-Flame Thr :eek:

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
I went to a GM forum a few months back where they talked about the new particulate system on the Duramax's. They have the potential for the same "effect/problem". All the service managers at this meeting saw a LOT of warrantee issues. I think when the aftermarket companies get this particulate filter crap figured out, they are going to make a killing making aftermarket exhausts.:rotflmao

Tom

dwaymar

dwaymar
Reaction score
this for real they have a recall on the 08 for this reason but only one in a thous this may happen to but lets run a set of duel stacks on em and lite up the nite