Ford Rotunda Timing Meter Need help

ClassicIDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought one of these but it didn't come with the manual. Does anyone have a manual they would be willing scan and email me or copy and mail to me.

Thanks David

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you get the one that has only the luminosity probe, or did you get the later model that does both lumy and pulse? Not much to know really. Set it to 20 degrees offset and shoot for 8.5 at 2000RPM with the pulse method. Don't bother with the lumy unless that's all you have, in which case the timing is ATDC but I forget what it is.

ClassicIDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really don't know what I have and thats why I was hoping for a manual. Here are a couple of pictures of it mabey someone can tell me what I have. I know where the probe goes but I don't know where the red wire with the spade terminal goes or the black with with the clip goes. Also is the offset angle knob supposed to stop turning because I can just turn mine as long as I want.

Thanks David

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
Looks like you have all the parts. The Lumy probe goes into the #1 GP hole, the long flexible part is the magnetic pickup. It goes into the upper hole in the timing tab, next to the crankshaft. There should be a small brass clamp looking device. That clamps to the #1 njector nut. The red female wiring terminal plugs into the clamp. The aligator clip to ground
Engine warm, rear wheels off the ground. Hook up to batt power, dial in 20degrees offset. Rev to 2K and read the timing. Turn off engine. Adjust as necessary.

ClassicIDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so it looks like I am lacking the brass clamp to plug the red terminal to. Anyone know where I can get one or a sustitue that would work.

Thanks David

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wheelsrollin

Members online