Ford publication for 7.3 idi turbo - with overhaul info

mblaney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stumbled on this document today; I don't know if it has been posted before but I have never seen it. This is a very detailed read about the factory turbo upgrade. It also has lots of service info for the turbo and goes into detail about the design differences between N/A and the turbo - including return lines, GP wiring. If found the pictures very informative.

I am preparing to go turbo on my truck and this document answered many questions.

Edit: Dammit! File size is too big - 19Mb. Anyone know what the max size is? Here is where I found the pdf file, maybe a mod can attach it.

https://alliantpower.com/sites/alli...-L_IDI-Turbocharged-Diesel-Engine_CGE-453.pdf

srmathers

Reaction score
Great publication....the pictures and directions are fantastic worth saving this document. Thanks so much for publishing this guys!!:thumbsup:

rpdb2002

Reaction score
This is awesome, thank you for posting. Mine has the slip fit up-pipe fittings, without the "Marmon Clamps". Just got to beat and twist them apart. The down-pipe has a sleeve type connection at the transmission cross member, that has to be removed, before the outlet pipe can be twisted and pulled off.
My two bolts on the passenger side are not wanting to come out. Going to pull the starter out, and see if I can apply some heat wrench to the exhaust flange, to get those bolts off without breaking them.