Flywheel question....

crewchief219

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I located a flywheel inspection cover and went to install it. On one of the old bolts I noticed a little metal tab that says: Warning, LUK clutch and flywheel installed, only use LUK parts. That's great, but will a stock flywheel inspection cover fit without rubbing? No idea if they are larger than stock. If they are, is it even possible that the new flywheel is too big for the cover to fit or am i safe??

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Glad it worked out ok. I have never heard of an inspection cover not fitting a clutch modification before. Run it and enjoy the diesel sounds of music.

crewchief219

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked at some pictures and it looks like they installed a SMF. It sure seemed like it'd be close when I put the cover on. I started it and no unusual noise, I crawled underneath while it was running and put my hand on the cover, didn't feel like anything bad was happening. I'm a newbie though, could all be stock size parts for all I know lol

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recall a couple of members here saying they had problems with the cover fitting with the SMF conversion.