Fluid capacity ???'s

BoostFiend

Reaction score
Hello all. I am picking up a 1984 F250 6.9 IDI this weekend. It has the 4 speed T19 ,2wd.
After I get it I would like to change the fluids , I know the engine is around 10 quarts but does anyone know for sure the capacity of both the T19 and the Dana rear end?
I appreciate the help , thanks!

tractorman86

Reaction score
7pts in the trans and 6pts in a d60 and 7pts in a d70 get ya a engine filter for a psd and gain about a quart on the engine

BoostFiend

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. So filter for PSD is the same just longer? Cool I will go that route.

Papabear

Papabear
Reaction score
as a test fit yes, but i always go amsoil for lubes and filters (psssst. donaldson makes napagoldand the amsoil EA series filters)

4play

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ believe thats right there, what i would like to know is who makes those cheap-*** filters you get from places like twilight zone, and o-reallys. seriously take one the house brand filters and soak it in oil. then weigh it compared to oem like motorcraft fl-1995 psd filter. the house brand with oil in it weighs less than a motorcraft brand with no oil. so the question is *** is even in that filter to clean oil anyway. i like ( WIX, FLEETGUARD, MOTORCRAFT, DONALDSON = all good stuff imho)

4play

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what i meant was a cheap brand filter with oil soaked in it, versus a "good brand " filter with nothing in it at all. the good brand filter is still heavier than the cheap one . it kinda tells me the good brand has much more media in it to clean out the goop... see what im sayin

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can get a Motorcraft psd filter (FL1995) anywhere and they are good filters. You'll need about 11 quarts with the PSD filter. Add a quart or so to it prior to putting it on. It helps to prime it and you get oil pressure a bit quicker after an oil change that way.

Heath

BoostFiend

Reaction score
BTW the Dana 60's have a built in drain and fill plug on the diff. dont they? Or is it just a fill plug?

BoostFiend

Reaction score
Could of swore when I crawled under there I seen a drain and a fill plug , but could be wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online