Fixed moisture in headlight issue

93_444idi

first on race day
Reaction score
I had one headlight that for some reason was collecting water. Well headlights are a pita to get out on these trucks so I just ran it and figured I'll fix it when something breaks. One night the water hit the bulb and it was toast. Well to drain it I drilled a small hole in the bottom of the headlight. The water drained out, and now there is never condensation buildup in that headlight. So just drilling a small hole may be an easy way to get rid of that buildup if you have it like I did. Figured I'd post in case others get tired of seeing water all over the inside of their headlights too

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i did that a while when i put silverstar bulbs in my truck but mine didnt have water inside of them just moisture

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
Been there done that...I fried a superwhite light bulb and flipped out...there's two tiny holes in there(er was that was the factory lights in my flareside) one for draining and one for venting. Works great.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
yep, done that on some other vehicles i have owned, get rid of that annoying little swimming pool. although it might have been funny to put a fake goldfish in there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online