First tow with the Banks

JPR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Made my first trip (348 miles) with a trailer since installing the turbo. :thumbsup: With only 3000#, it was great. Coming back towing #7000 was not too bad, a whole lot better than n/a.

I still have to get the passenger battery tray and battery installed, the front bumper and the i/c piping.

Last note, hopefully Mike made it out of Dickerson, TX, traffic was ugly.

Last edited:

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JPR said:
Made my first trip (348 miles) with a trailer since installing the turbo. :thumbsup: With only 3000#, it was great. Coming back towing #7000 was not too bad, a whole lot better than n/a.

I still have to get the passenger battery tray and battery installed, the front bumper and the i/c piping.

Last note, hopefully Mike made it out of Dickinson, TX, traffic was ugly.

Hey, thank you for your concern. I'm actually in Monterey, California right now. Dickinson is home, though, so I'm concerned about my half-sister and her family who are on the road. Will need to check in on them in a bit.

Growing up in southeast Texas, it amazes me how many people are evacuating. I was there during Alicia in '83, and you had folks leaving but never like this. I could ride my bike or even run faster than some of these folks have moved. Some of them, only 30 miles in 14 hours.

We'll see what happens with the storm. Hope folks get off the roads.

Mike

JPR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My mom went highway 290 to highway 6 past College Station towards Waco. She made 107 miles in 8 hours. At that point she was at 1/3 of tank of fuel and 65 miles from Waco. All of the smaller towns were out of fuel. So, I went down picked up her and the car. We came back on the farm roads, probably an extra 40 miles, but averaged 60 mph.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online