First real 24 valve question

NAIL BENDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the proper way to check temperature vs. resistance in an IAT sensor on a 24 valve ? Microwave or in the oven?

russs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Joe!

I'd get yourself a thermometer and dip both it and the the IAT in water - then measure the resistance on the IAT. You'll know the resistance as that temp and you should be able to figure out if its good or not. I'll have to look in my service manual and check if theres a spec for it.

NAIL BENDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the specs off of Fritz's Ram Page. I just wasn't sure if micro or oven would be better to achieve temp. Thanks Russ

russs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont thinnk it matters what temp you check it at but I'd check it at close to ambient air temp where is usually is most of the time. 70 degrees or so.

russs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There ya go!

Nice ass by the way.... ;)

jrodgers

Reaction score
The best way to check the temp on the IAT is definitely in the microwave. You will need to wrap it in tin foil with the thermometer tip around it, set it in the middle of the microwave and turn it on high power for several minutes before you get a good reading. Then you can consult the resistance table to verify proper operation. You may not have proper operation of the microwave oven afterwards, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online