First oil change

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
Go for it. I'm thinking about making the switch.

Gotcha a new ride eh? What did ya get? Fill out your sig in the User CP so we can all be jealous :thumbsup:

John

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To answer the question we need to ask a few questions......

Brand new truck under warranty still?

Do you intend to install a bypass oil filtration system?

Are you going to go extended intervals between changes?

Do you plan on doing regular oil analysis?

Or, do you want to run syn cuz thats what all the cool kids are doing on your block?

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Put some miles on it first. Synthetic lubricates very well and often won't allow the parts to seat properly or may extend the seating period. Not sure how many miles you have, but I wouldn't go synthetic before 5,000.

As stroker said, if you are planning extended change intervals, keep in mind, that will void most factory warranties, just a heads up.

peto

Meatbomb
Reaction score
My thoughts as well.. I'll hold off until at least 10K to consider the switch.

Ak HDM

Reaction score
I had a tech at a dealer in Dawson Creek,BC tell me that ford didn't recommend synthetic in the 6.0. I have used it and never had any problems, also alot of the fleets here & on the north slope use syn without any problems. I say use whatever you want as long as it meets the specs. One company that I worked for used syn in everything, we had to use it in the engines that we rebuilt, it just took longer for everything to get broken in.
Mike

peto

Meatbomb
Reaction score
Does anyone else find it strange that Ford does not recommend the first change until 7500 miles ?

I plan to do a change and get an analysis at about 3500.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Does anyone else find it strange that Ford does not recommend the first change until 7500 miles ?

I plan to do a change and get an analysis at about 3500.

Now why would that seem strange? Your 60,000 mile warranty is based on 3,500 mile oil changes, what better way to void your warranty!!! :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :backoff

peto

Meatbomb
Reaction score
I sent the service manager an e-mail with my concern. We'll see what he comes back with.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online