Finally back together

bobracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's been way to long and I'd had forgotten how nice the truck drives.
The truck went from a N/A-auto to factory turbo-5sp and definetly made a difference in power.
A friend did the work changing this out, did a very nice job but with every major surgery a few thing pop up on the 20 mile drive home.
It got hotter than I'd like to see, not sure why.
The pump is suppose to be new, but who knows how it was timed. On the list of thing to do.
Injectors? who knows but it does have a bit of a miss and will probably be changed out just because.
It was dark last night so have no idea how much it smoked, I do know some came out in the headlights behind me but couldn't tell color and it didn't black anything out.
Intake is just open under the hood, haven't decided if the cowl induction is for me but some sort of fresh air is needed.
Exhaust is stock downpipe with the "dent" cut out and patched straight and patched into the stock N/A exhaust with stock muffler, not best but something for now.
Still need a boost and pyro.
I did notice that I couldn't hear the turbo on the way home, is this normal?

The above is just mostly babbling but it's nice to have my truck back.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you say the intake is "just open" you DO mean it still has an air filter right? Correct the miss before you do anything else. Have the timing checked. Delete the muffler and get an open element intake if you want to hear that turbo. That's a huge upgrade you just had done. Congrats!

bobracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, the stock air filter and assembly is there, just no tube going anywhere for fresh air.
Yes, timing is on the things to do, not having the correct setup is limiting a little but the "rental" program or there are a couple local diesel shops that should have the correct equipment.

So what would cause the miss? except an injector, excluding internal problems.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle