filter head return valve

yotekiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is this the valve i need for the return to the filter head.. when i got this 89' this was plugged with a npt plug, i got a feeling this may be part of my issue. ordered the return kit from Typ4 and since having the truck its single rear tanked new fuel lines and no selector valve..
Part# E8TZ-9K061-A
You must be registered for see images attach

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What issue are you having? Both of my trucks have that port plugged off without issue. There was even a service bulletin at one point to plug that port because it's a source of air intrusion.

yotekiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What issue are you having? Both of my trucks have that port plugged off without issue. There was even a service bulletin at one point to plug that port because it's a source of air intrusion.
well i was wondering about the fact it was plugged, the more i read i was like ok that needs to be fixed or maybe not? i have new return kit, GP's and a GP harness on the way, i am getting leak down some where just trying to get rid of as many possibilities of air intrusion as possible, some how fuel is leaving the filter assembly. i was just wondering if it was the fact that valve port was blocked off..
I also am getting rid of that hard line from filter to IP as well..
Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated..

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My advice is to leave it plugged. The issue is when the o-rings start to leak the air will backfeed through that fitting allowing the fuel to drain back to the tank. That's why it's often plugged.

You can also add a check valve before the filter head if you choose.

You might want to either replace the o-rings in the fuel heater or remove it and plug the hole. That's another common leak point.

yotekiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My advice is to leave it plugged. The issue is when the o-rings start to leak the air will backfeed through that fitting allowing the fuel to drain back to the tank. That's why it's often plugged.

You can also add a check valve before the filter head if you choose.

You might want to either replace the o-rings in the fuel heater or remove it and plug the hole. That's another common leak point.
Thanks Chillman88, thats one less part i need to order then.
I was looking at that fuel heater im sure that O ring needs replaced, the wire has been broke for some time as well so its been a mute point as far as working.. thanks for the advice..

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
It's a valve? I thought it was just a fitting.

yotekiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is what im looking at #2 inj. Cap does not have the correct.cap.when my stuff comes im gonna run the return from #1 over to #2 im good on the T at #8. And as well.noticed the vaccum pump holes seems to have oil residue, tye fun just keeps coming.
If the other truck didn't need a garage visit i would simply pull this motor i know it needs a rear main seal as well..
I jave.more pics of other stuff but i hate a cell phone lol.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Attachments

• 20220423_185539.jpg
    20220423_185539.jpg
    346.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 20220423_184751.jpg
    20220423_184751.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 16

chicken bones

Docker
Reaction score
When my Filter was draining as yours is , it was an o Ring at the heater plug . Took it apart replaced problem solved , many here have just deleted the heater plug all together.

yotekiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When my Filter was draining as yours is , it was an o Ring at the heater plug . Took it apart replaced problem solved , many here have just deleted the heater plug all together.
found mine today as well, at least it is one of the culprits, that sucker getting a new O ring..
any chance you remember what size? i can do a search as well..
thanks Chicken bones

yotekiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
found a place online that sells 6.9 filter heads, might be better to change it with this and get rid of that heater issue all together, decisions lol..

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
found a place online that sells 6.9 filter heads, might be better to change it with this and get rid of that heater issue all together, decisions lol..

But then you need to add a water separator. The 6.9 filters are not available with a bottom drain.

yotekiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But then you need to add a water separator. The 6.9 filters are not available with a bottom drain.
that filter head i found is on backorder so won't be getting one. gonna fix what i have since i have filters for the 7.3 filter head.. thanks Cubey

yotekiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
found another leak.. that darn wait to start vac switch on the filter head, only thing that works is the wait to start light if im not mistaken, its either put a new one in or plug it..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Staff online