F-250 Front Axle

Wideopen

It's all about me.
Reaction score
It took 2 days of searching with no help from Ford to find out that I have a DANA 50 under the front of my truck... will the front cover off of a DANA 60 fit a 50???

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wideopen
It took 2 days of searching with no help from Ford to find out that I have a DANA 50 under the front of my truck
You're not serious are you? We could have told you that in a nano-second.

Wideopen

It's all about me.
Reaction score
Re: Re: F-250 Front Axle

Originally posted by hheynow
You're not serious are you? We could have told you that in a nano-second.

Serious as a Heartatack..no one could tell me thats why I called every gear manufacture around...check this out ..

Ford ownes the dies to make the 50 's so if you want gears you have to go through Ford to get them..

but I did find some good news ...since all i wanted tp do was replace the covers...
e-mail Off Road Warehouse
Phil, your truck is a Dana 50.The D50 & Dana 60 use the same cover, so you're in luck!

Thanks
ORU

Wideopen

It's all about me.
Reaction score
F-350s have the D60 250's have the D50 which is basiclly a D60 with 44 interns I'm sure theres more than that to it but thats the basics from my understanding???

Strokin_A_Duramax

TS Performance Groupie
Reaction score
From my understanding the 2003 trucks have Dana 60s.....You can get gears for all the axles from the aftermarket, except for 4.30 gears which I need......Those have to come from Ford.

Strokin_A_Duramax

TS Performance Groupie
Reaction score
Yeah...

Your telling me.....I have 3.73s and need to regear for my 36s....You can get 3.73,4.11,and 4.56s for the axles, but no 4.30s... Apparently they were used only in some Superdutys with V-10s in them....So you have to get them from Ford...Reider Racing Quoted me $1800.00 for new gears front and back.....thats with everything and a detroit locker for the rear and a truetrac for the front...They wanted me to use 4.56 gears but I'm afraid they will be to low....I'm also afraid 4.11 will be to high.....any suggestions......:(

rommel

Reaction score
My truck is an 02 and it has a dana 60 front. Had to check it out for a friend one time. My understanding was that in 02 they started putting them on F250's again. I dunno why?

Strokin_A_Duramax

TS Performance Groupie
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rommel
My truck is an 02 and it has a dana 60 front. Had to check it out for a friend one time. My understanding was that in 02 they started putting them on F250's again. I dunno why?

They were having wheel bearing troubles.....Should have stayed with the 60 in the first place......

rmyers2051

KV8OOA
Reaction score
Re: Yeah...

Originally posted by Strokin_A_Duramax
Your telling me.....I have 3.73s and need to regear for my 36s....You can get 3.73,4.11,and 4.56s for the axles, but no 4.30s... Apparently they were used only in some Superdutys with V-10s in them....So you have to get them from Ford...Reider Racing Quoted me $1800.00 for new gears front and back.....thats with everything and a detroit locker for the rear and a truetrac for the front...They wanted me to use 4.56 gears but I'm afraid they will be to low....I'm also afraid 4.11 will be to high.....any suggestions......:(

Go with the cheaper 4.10!! With an automatic you'll only know the difference when balancing your checkbook.

dazedandconfused

Reaction score
Hey Strokin try going the drivetrain.com, I have a paper here I printed off thier site about January that says "Powerstroke with larger tires! Your cost $375.25" and that is for 430s. By the way that is one bad truck you have thier, a guy I know has a 2000 PSD sitting on 35s" and it has a 9' utility bed on it but hes afraid of power so its a real big ****!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online