Explorer emblems

FordGuy100

Reaction score
So how many of you guys with an 83-86 IDI have some old and faded/crappy explorer emblems on your truck? I know I do, and I went to get some new ones, and sure enough LMC sells them. So $80 later I get some explorer emblems that are way different from factory, and the alignment pins dont line up in the alignment holes in the bed.

So I need a good 2 guys to go in with me on this deal, to have some made up off of a mold of a factory explorer emblem. I dont think it will cost to much, it will probably be as much as LMC, but they will be the same. They will be made by an annonomous maker, unless he wants to be known.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Here's what my good looking one looks like, though the alignment pins in the back are broke off so I cant use it.

You must be registered for see images attach

MJlogan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have those emblems on my truck too. i see them at the junkyard all the time. if i remember i'll grab a set if i see some clean ones

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Well the problem I had with them are that when I was taking them off way back in 06 :)eek: ), I was trying to take them off carefully, but that adhesive stuff is strong, so I ended up rolling the emblems off, and that caused those alignement pins to break off. Plus mine had 20+ years of weathering, and have a bunch of scratches on them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online